Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Addendum II

One area of Armadillo Run that I did not cover in the book is spectator levels. The AR home page hosts several hundred of them, and perhaps a few more can be found around the Internet. DEVEREX's gigantic roller coaster levels are classic and some of my favorite spectator levels.

The following picture shows the spectator level "Counting to Four". I created this counting machine using bidirectional switches and a cloth-chain elevator. It counts to four, repeats, and then stops.
It is fun to break new ground and turn ideas into working machines.


-=-=-=-=-

A spectator level can be made to automatically display following completion of a normal level, and this is commonly called a movie. To change a spectator level to a movie the spectator level's name must be changed to the normal level's name but with a ".end" extension:

http://armadillo.metaclassofnil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=974


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.