Saturday, June 9, 2007

It's Here!

I finally received a copy of the book =). It looks like a large slick brochure rather than a paperback. This was the recommendation from lulu.com, as having under 70 pages in a paperback book makes the binding wear out faster. It looks like it will hold together over time. If anyone wants a hard cover version let me know and I will add that option.

A few images need work but it looks nice overall, just a few pixelated artifacts here and there. Next comes proofreading, that is after my finals Monday and Tuesday.

Oh, I forgot to add something to the last post on simulating drag. Drag on objects that are directly behind other objects is really complicated. It could be like a flock of geese where the lead object experiences more drag. Alternatively it could be like a plane getting caught in the turbulent downwash of another plane flying directly ahead of it. Drag seems potentially
like a big mathematical burden, even for a fast computer.

No comments: